2007 beating death of Oklahoma woman remains a mystery.

Published: Thu, November 27, 2008.

For the family of Denise Stice, Thanksgiving prayers will contain a plea that her killer is found. 

Stice’s family is gathering today at her sister’s home in San Antonio, Texas, to celebrate the holiday and mark the one-year anniversary of Stice’s death. Her beaten body was found Nov. 27, 2007, in Lake Overholser. She was shot once in the head. No arrest has been made.

Tina Thompson is hopeful there will be justice for her sister and that someone will come forward with information to help police solve the crime.

"She was an innocent, good person that never hurt anyone,” Thompson said. "Losing her is hard, but not knowing why she was killed is torture.”

Oklahoma City police Sgt. Mike Veasey said he’s looking for witnesses that may have seen Stice after 6 p.m. Nov. 26, 2007, along with the identity of a man spotted with her car.

Before her disappearance, Stice had been at the Sheraton Hotel in Midwest City visiting a friend. She left the hotel about 6 p.m. and may have stopped to do some Christmas shopping, Veasey said.

About the same time her body was found, Stice’s 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo was spotted at an apartment complex near NW 10 and Tela Drive.

Veasey said early that morning, a witness saw a stocky, white man about 5 feet 8 inches tall get out of the car. The man was wearing a white button-down dress shirt, black slacks and cowboy boots.

Stice, 48, was director the Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization at the Air Logistics Center at Tinker Air Force Base. Colleagues at Tinker called her "the face of small business.” She was married to Don Stice and stepmother to two boys.

"When we remember Denise this Thanksgiving we’ll cry and laugh,” Thompson said. "We’re going to have a special candle lit for her — she is our eternal flame.”

2007 beating death of Oklahoma woman remains a mystery

Popular posts from this blog

Case summary.

Oklahoma man’s lawsuit seeks insurance benefits.

About me.